Pink limoncello fizz

This is the perfect thirst quencher after a rambling country walk on a sunny autumn day.The thirst quenching trio

The thirst quenching trio

Cobra Commander and I brought the limoncello in Venice on our honeymoon, were thought it was about  time that we opened it. I’ve used a cheap champagne here, but it could easily been exchanged for proseco if you want a little more sweetness.  The cocktail would also then be 100% Italian.

So I started by putting one ice cube into the glass. I love it when there is lemon or lime frozen inside the cube. I brought some trays that do that years ago, always keep at least one in the freezer.

There's a lemon in my ice cube

There's a lemon in my ice cube

Three fingers of tongue tingling tart limoncello

Three fingers of tongue tingling tart limoncello

Ok, to the cocktail, I measured the in fingers, so pour three fingers of limoncello into the glass. It’s not that much, really, It appears to be more because it was made in a champagne flute and they’re narrow….honest!

Pop the pips

Pop the pips

The sound of heaven

The sound of heaven

Look at those bubbles, and the pretty pink hue

Look at those bubbles, and the pretty pink hue

I poured equal parts of the two bubbly mixers, but feel free to add more raspberry sparkletini if you want a sweeter fruitier taste.

Carolina’s nippletini

If your a fan of raspberry drinks, why wouldn’t you love this?

Great drinks don't have to be fussy

Great drinks don't have to be fussy

All you’ll need is;

A bottle of Raspberry flavoured alcoholic ice tea

A bottle of Raspberry Sparkletini

A glass or two

Ice

A couple of raspberries to garnish

Who am I to tell you what proportions to mix your drink to? This is how we did it. Ice in the glass, 2 or 3 cubes, fill 35% full of sweet tea and top up  the remaining 65% with the sparkletini. Drop a couple of raspberries in on top.

With all the raspberry in this, does it  count towards your 5 a day?

With all the raspberry in this, does it count as 1 of my 5 a day?